Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Looks Like We Both Have New Positions.

Amanda went running out to the helicopter as quick as she could. She was quite use to having to jump to Janice's every whim. Being the Executive Assistant to one of the most ruthless, cunning, ambitious yet intelligent Company CEO's was really taking a toll on Amanda and she found she was almost at breaking point. Janice had made her life hell with her unrealistic expectations each and every day. The constant threat of being terminated if it was perceived that she was under performing, and now she had to get down from the 80th floor and out to the rear helicopter landing pad simoly because Janice said to get there as soon as possible, and when Janice said ASAP, what she really meant was why weren't you here 10 minutes ago.

This may be the day that broke her. On top of her usual stress from work, her son Timmy had been unusually difficult all weekend. Sulking and being demanding. Refusing to go to bed at a reasonable time and kicking the wall all night with the occasional scream or outburst. Amanda wasn't sure what was wrong. He'd always been her biggest champion. Always there for her to talk to and make her feel that t was all worth it just for him. His 180 degree attitude change had almost been the breaking point for her and she almost couldn't make it in for the first day back of the week.

Thankfully, Janice had spent most of her morning sequestered behind her office door and Amanda hadn't really seen her all day. Even when she obviously went downstairs to catch her fight to her next high powered meeting, Amanda had been in the copy room so wasn't truly aware until she received the phone call demanding she get down to the helicopter.

As she approached, as quickly as she could while still maintaining some dignity, she saw Janice standing there with her hands on her hips. This wasn't an unusual pose for her, but something was different. What was it? then Amanda realised. It was her smile. Oh, Janice often smiled, one of those cruel, I can't wait to crush you under my Christian Louboutins. Today though it was different. Almost a playful smile. This unnerved Amanda even more.

"Thank you for being so prompt Miss MacKenzie. Now,please get into the helicopter. I'll need your services this afternoon and we need to have a discussion about your future with the company.

Amanda went white and felt a chill run up her spine. If Janice said she needed to discuss your future, it usually meant you didn't have one. Crap! Would she fire her at the beginning or end of the flight? Hell, would she just push her out of the chopper when she was done? Dismissing Amanda as if he were nothing stuck to the bottom of her shoe.

As he got on the helicopter, Janice indicated that she should put the earphones on and go to a separate channel than the pilots for a private discussion. Looked like she was getting the ax early. Oh well. Maybe she'd be pushed out over some nice countryside so she could enjoy the final journey down.

She was suddenly jolted to attention by Janice's words, "Are you listening Miss MacKenzie? I was asking how long you've worked for me and for the company?"

"Umm, about 3 years for you ma'am and 5 and a bit for the company." Amanda said.

"Try not to umm so much dear. You'll need to be quick and decisive from now on, and don't slouch! Never let them see even the slightest bit of weakness. Let them know that you'll eat them for breakfast if you have to. Well, not the way I ate my dear Gerald this morning, but you get the idea?"

"Yes Ma'am!" Amanda replied.

*sigh* "Please, call me Janice Amanda." Janice instructed with a warm smile on her face that confused and scared Amanda more than a little bit. She discretely pinched herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming this. As she sat there, looking confused and not knowing what to say, Janice gave a little chuckle and spoke again.

"I'd like you to recommend someone within the organisation that is competent enough to take your job and do it well. Or at least close to as well as you do it."

"I'm sorry ma'am! Jut tell me what I'm doing wrong and I'll fix it! I need this job to take care of my 12 year old boy. I promise I'll improve, just give me another chance." Amanda said, almost in tears. The flight out of the helicopter was looking more inviting by the second.

Janice shook her head and let out a little chuckle, "You need to listen better dear. Firstly, I said call me Janice. Secondly, I said not to show any weakness, Now dry those eyes, sit up straight and look at me with the defiance I know burns inside of you. Now, I think you misunderstand. We need a replacement for you, not because you're fired, but because I'm promoting you. How does Junior Vice President of Marketing, reporting directly tome and working with me every day sound? It will involve a number of 'liquid' lunches." to which Janice gave a little wink.

Amanda could only sit there dumbfounded. What had happened? Had she fallen asleep on Friday night and woken up in an upside down parallel world. Why was this happening, and more importantly, why was she questioning it?

"Oh fine!" Janice said, "since you won't play along and take my advice, I might as well spoil the surprise. I hope little Timmy didn't give you too much trouble on the weekend?" To this, Amanda looked at her boss very confused. "You see," Janice continued "I found a little spell that allows two people to switch bodies. Little did I know it would also transfer their thoughts, mannerisms and intelligence as well, slowly at first, then more quickly if certain 'events' happened. I had planned to only stay a few days to get you a raise or better work situation. Maybe working for that lovely Sam Anderson. He's single you know?" another wink.

"I don;t understand?" Amanda said.

"Mom! It's me! Timmy! Or rather I WAS Timmy." she said with a girlish giggle.

"What? Timmy? You can't be? What's happening?" Amanda said.

'You're right. I'm not. Well not any longer anyway. I was going to spend the weekend fining out as much about Janice as possible to pas off as her for today and maybe another day or two. Just enough time to enact my plan. Then her memories started entering my head. Wow mom. She really was awful to you. Apparently she felt a little threatened by the potential she saw in you. Anyway, while I was confused with those thoughts, Gerald, my new husband, began working this body like magic and before I knew it, we were going at it. I should have been grossed out, but it was wonderful!" Janice, or rather Timmy said with a huge smile. I also noticed how quicker Janice's thoughts, memories and education rushed into my head every time I had an orgasm, and believe me, I had lots of orgasms over the weekend. Anyway, I still want to change your life for the better, bt I'm staying as Janice. This is way too good a deal. So now we can be the team supreme. The real Janice will likely fight it a little, but she should only have the memories and intelligence of a 12 year old boy now. How much damage could she really do?"

Amanda didn't know what to say. Was this true? Could this really have happened? Should she ask 'Timmy' to confirm it when she got home?

"Mom! We're almost there. I'll let it sink in for you, but be prepared to be introduced in your new role, so remember my advice. Firm spine, and take no shit from anyone!" Janice said with another wink.

Amanda just looked at her, smiled and said, "Timmy! Watch your mouth!" and gave her son a wink of her own.

1 comment:

  1. WONDERFULLY WICKEDLY FUNNY, well written.. I suspect the new Timmy might be grounded or even spanked a lot! But at least 'HES" young.

    ReplyDelete